I’m having a little bit of trouble digesting the fact that it is 2014. It seems like yesterday I was the little girl on the left… And now, I have grown up into the (still little) girl on the right.
Looking back at my life I am so privileged to have done so much. Just this past year I…
- Went on 5 camps
- Went on a short term missions trip (SMASH)
- Was a leader on 2 holiday clubs
- Helped out with music at a church related to our own for 6 months
- Started a blog
- Played grade 1 piano, grade 6 flute and wrote grade 6 music theory
- Completed my IGCSEs (school grade 11)
- Did several one day volunteer projects
It has been such an amazing and packed year with many happy moments and also several hard moments. All of them were worth it and there are very few things I would change if I had the opportunity to “do over” my year. I have learned many lessons including…
- Study hard. This doesn’t just apply to exams but I learned that the harder you work earlier in the year, the less stressed you are at exam time.
- Pray a lot. I know I have often tried to do everything in my own strength but leaving things up to God and relying on Him to give me strength made things so much easier and reaped a better result at the end..
- Leave time to breath. I am a GO GO GO person and by the end of the year I was thoroughly exhausted. Lesson learned! I will leave some time to rejuvenate in future.
- Push for things outside of your comfort zone. The more you push the more your comfort zone will stretch.
- Aim for things slightly higher than you can achieve and God will be the one to get you there. “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength”
- To be thankful. It’s so easy to get caught up in daily life and forget to be thankful for all the opportunities and blessings that come in the form of family, friends, church and more. I have learned that when you are not intentionally thankful for these things, you don’t fully enjoy them.
Thank you to everyone who has supported me this year. Thank you for praying for me and encouraging me. I honestly don’t think most of you know how much it means to me.
Now it’s time for us all to have another year together and see what God has in store for us next.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God” – Philippians 4:6 (ESV)
“Then Jesus told his disciples, ‘If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross and follow me'” – Matthew 16:24 (ESV)
“But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and self-control; against such things there is no law” – Galatians 5:22 (ESV)